The key principles adopted by our PRRINN-MNCH team in strengthening both the demand and supply side of maternal, newborn and child health services include:
- Collaboration with all stakeholders; from political leaders through to key government managers and service providers at all levels (federal, state and local government) and inclusive of communities and community leaders (religious and traditional)
- Sharing our expertise and experience developed in Nigeria, in Africa and in the broader world – so as to expose all stakeholders to current issues and challenges applicable to the Northern Nigerian situation
- Evidence-based decision making through rigorously testing new ideas in the Learning Local Government Areas (LLGAs), and exposing leaders, health workers and communities to these outcomes
- Challenging and provoking stakeholders to think differently and to adopt new ways of addressing old problems
- Aligning our resources (financial and technical) with those of our stakeholders to ensure synergy, efficiency and effectiveness
- Empowering team members and stakeholders to ensure sustainability during and after the programme.